I am pro-life. I believe in the sanctity of human life and that life begins at conception. As a mom, Christian and nurse, my beliefs have deepened through experience. I’ve held the hands of newborn infants. I’ve held the hands of elderly patients in the last moments of their lives. I have been blessed to have had such experiences and through them, I have gained the wisdom of knowing that every life is a precious gift from God and it is not for us to judge its worth, deny its beginning or determine its end.
I am pro-family. I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman. Here are a few bills I have supported to protect traditional marriage:
Bills I Voted For:
- H.AMDT.573 – Huelskamp Amendment to H.R. 2219 (prohibits using funds to allow chaplains to perform same-sex marriages.
- H.AMDT.546 – Foxx Amendment to H.R. 2219 (prohibits funds to be used in contravention of DOMA)
Bills I Support:
- H.CON.RES.25 – Expressing the sense of Congress regarding Obama’s discontinuing the defense of DOMA
- H.R. 3828 – Military Religious Freedom Protection Act
- H.Res.143 – Directing Speaker to take any and all actions necessary to defend DOMA