Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, creating jobs, giving Americans a sense of worth and ownership and keeping our economy moving and growing. We need pro-growth solutions to pay down our national debt, balance the budget and keep our country moving so small businesses can continue to flourish without overburdensome regulations and high taxes.
How can we ask business owners to grow their businesses when all Washington is growing is a mountain of red tape? I firmly believe that our businesses won’t be able to start hiring again until Washington gets out of their way. I am committed to cutting regulations and streamlining our government to make it easier for businesses to do what they do best: hire our neighbors and grow our economy.
I support comprehensive tax reform including a simplified tax system, the repeal of Dodd-Frank, a balanced budget amendment, the repeal of ObamaCare and entitlement reform to ensure Social Security and Medicare is preserved for many generations to come. Government does not create a single job, but government can create an environment that encourages entrepreneurship and small business growth with a simple tax system, predictable legal system and minimal government intrusion.
I am proud of the work we have done on the House Small Business Committee where I chair the House Small Business Subcommittee on Healthcare and Technology.
- The largest tax increase in American history
- President Obama is out of new ideas
- VOTE NOW: Red Tape Superlatives
- POLITICO Op-Ed: Obama hijacks American success
- Barack Obama’s Government Did Not Build America
- Video: Interview with NBC 17
- N&O: Democrats, Republicans oppose I-95 toll project
- Send us a photo!
- Op-Ed: Renee Ellmers – How do you solve a problem like Obama?
- Celebrating our Small Businesses